We've Updated our Terms of Service!
We've updated our legal section, which includes our Terms of Service, Privacy Statement, and DMCA/Trademark Policy.
You might think it’s the boring stuff, but it’s important! We designed Glitch to be friendly, safe, and open, and with that comes a whole lotta legal language aimed at ensuring you can trust us with your data and code.
Here’s a quick summary of the changes we’ve made:
- For better readability, we added a Table of Contents, reorganized material, and inserted links. We also gave our Privacy Statement and DMCA/Trademark policies their own pages to make them easier to find.
- We added these sections:
- Limitations on automated use (TLDR: You can use Glitch to create bots, but you shouldn’t use them in malicious or un-permitted ways.)
- API terms (TLDR: If you use our API, you agree to use it reasonably.)
- Third party Applications (TLDR: If you create an application for other users, Glitch Terms and Privacy Statement still applies.)
- We clarified your 'content and intellectual property rights' (TLDR: You own your stuff, we own ours).
- We added additional information concerning 'fees, payments, and taxes.' (TLDR: You are responsible for any fees—like a paid plan—associated with your use of Glitch. We are responsible for communicating those fees to you clearly and accurately and letting you know in advance if those prices change.)
If you’ve read this far, thanks for caring about the trust and safety of our community. This is us doing our part to make Glitch a happier, safer corner of the Internet.