What technical restrictions are in place?
While we want to keep Glitch as open as possible, there are a few restrictions in place. These are there to help maintain service levels for all, and to stop someone’s accidental infinite loop somehow costing us a small fortune. The restrictions include:
- Projects created by anonymous users expire after 5 days (login via GitHub or Facebook to keep your projects around).
- Projects sleep after 5 minutes if they are not used, and those running for more than 12 hours are stopped. They wake again when they receive another HTTP request.
- Projects have a limit of 200MB of disk space on the container. Though things written to '/tmp' don't count towards that, nor do your Node.js modules. Plus, there's an additional 512MB of assets storage space too.
- Projects have a limit of 512MB of RAM.
- Projects are limited to 4000 requests per hour, with a burst of 4000 requests (subsequent requests will return a 429 "Too Many Requests" response).