Can I import code in a Git repository from GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket or elsewhere?
Yes! You can import your code from GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket and any other Git repo hosting service.
To do so:
- Click the 'New Project' button and select 'Clone from Git Repo' from the drop-down menu.
- In the popup, enter the full HTTPS git web URL and click 'OK'.the repo will be cloned.
Your clone will include all the files and full commit history, which is viewable in Glitch Rewind.
- Public repos should work without issue.
- Private repos require authentication:
- For GitHub you can log into Glitch with your GitHub account and if necessary, grant rights to import your private repos.
- For private repos on all other providers, it's possible to use Basic Auth if the provider supports it. The git import url to use would have a format like:
- If you're using 2FA then the Basic Auth option might not work unless your hosting provider allows use of an access token instead of your password.