Can I import code from a GitHub repository?
Yes! You can import your code from GitHub!
To do so:
- In the Project Editor view, click the 'Tools' button on the lower-left side of the page.
- In the Tools menu, click the 'Import and Export' button.
- Now, click the 'Import from GitHub' button.
- In the popup, enter the GitHub repo that you want to import code from, and then click OK.
Note the following:
- If you've signed in with Facebook, you'll need to also sign in with GitHub to use this feature.
- If you're trying to import from a GitHub organization's repo, be sure that the organization admin approves third-party access for Glitch.
Your import will include all the files and full commit history, which is viewable in Glitch Rewind.
- Public repos should work without issue.
- Private repos require authentication:
- You can log into Glitch with your GitHub account and if necessary, grant rights to import your private repos.