Can I export a project to GitHub?
Yes, you can export your project code to GitHub! The exported Glitch code isn’t special in any way – it should work without any changes on other services, so you’re not locked in.
To export your project's code to GitHub:
- In the Project Editor view, click the 'Tools' button on the lower-left side of the page.
- Under the 'Extras' section, click the 'Git, Import, and Export' button.
- Now, click the 'Export to GitHub' button.
- In the popup, enter the GitHub repo that you want to send your code to.
Note the following:
- If you've signed in with Facebook, you'll need to also sign in with GitHub to use this feature.
- If you're exporting to a GitHub organization's repo, be sure that the organization admin approves third-party access for Glitch.
- It is not possible to export to an empty repo; the repo must have at least one file in it for the export to work.